The demand for evaluating material, energy and time consumption rises. To obtain certain certifications it is a must to be able to log and trace the complete life cycle of a particular product.
The unique flexibility of the PLCSQL Link enables it to be customized with little effort to specific needs, and thereby assures a simple, cost-efficient and automatic solution to achieve optimized
process control. The possibility for integration with ERP systems, such as SAP, Dynamics C5, Navision or Axapta makes capacity planning and
control an easy task. At the same time homogeneous production procedures and equal quality levels are accomplished. R&D analysis can be performed immediately and globally.
The PLCSQL Link is customizable and can be used in new plants as well as optimizing existing plants. The structure of the data values can be customized through regular, simple PLC-programming.
The user can create own SQL requests in the PLC.
The communication module PLCSQL Link is amongst others in operation in a company with world-wide production facilities, where it handles data for product testing and secures consistent quality levels globally. More information under References
The PLCSQL Link is connecting the database (SQL) directly with the controller unit in the production (PLC), eliminating the need for an additional PC to handle the data communication. The Windows-independent
PLCSQL Link runs directly within the PLC. It secures an uncomplicated, reliable and flexible data flow between the production and the office
The module is easy to integrate, including communication diagnosis and error handling shown to the operator. The module can be integrated
into all Siemens S7-PLCs equipped with a network connection - without the need for any special hardware modules.
Facts about PLCSQL Link
- PLCSQL Link consists of ready-to-run SIMATIC STEP7/TIA function blocks,
which can be used for the complete range of SIMATIC STEP7 PLCs.
- For ET200S, S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, S7-1500 og WinAC soft-PLC.
- No need for extra hardware modules, just a regular Siemens PLC with a network connetion.
- Communication takes place directly with the database server like a native SQL Client - no drivers, no OPC.
- True 2-way communication. E.g. log data to the database and recipe data from the database.
- Tested with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022 and MySQL 5.5/5.6 (limited functionality on MySQL)